3
Congrats on your reversion to Islam! 

Ramadan while being a revert can be one of the hardest thing
What I was told during my first Ramadan was to fast as a young Muslim child would. Many of my friends’ younger siblings would get up for suhoor (the meal before Fajr) and eat with their families. They’d break their fast between Dhuhr and ‘Asr. Then, continue “fasting” until Maghrib time when they eat iftaar as a family. So, in order to get my body used to fasting when I first became Muslim, this is what I did. As a new revert, you could certainly follow this method - to a degree. You could wake up for Fajr prayer; have breakfast with your family; not eat until dinner time.
The thing I used to do was spend my entire day out.
My family wasn’t very traditional, so I didn’t have to eat breakfast and/or dinner with them. I would have suhoor, wake up whenever I wanted (my last few Ramadans have been during the summer months, so I didn’t have school), spend my day out with friends (it always helped when I was with other Muslims who were fasting), return home when I needed to, and I told my mother I had already eaten dinner with whoever I was with.

Source : s-a-b-r Tumblr
Photo Credit :

tumblr.com

Post a Comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top