0
  • Try to make every prayer including Taraweeh. I have been so bad at pushing my prayers to the very last minute and then not even doing them at all. I got this app called MuslimPro and it sends me a reminder every time it is time to pray. Its amazing, I recommend it.
  • Read the entire Quran and memorize at least 10 surah’s. This is really a goal every Ramadan but it is very hard to keep up and that is why it gets second priority right after prayer.
  • Memorize and recite more Duaas. I don’t do this as much as I should/need to. I just feel like I don’t know enough.
  • Stop cussing/name calling. It has gotten so bad for me and it really needs to stop.
  • No listening to music. This is going to be the hardest one for me. I always listen to music when I am at home or in the car. I am going to make a playlist of just surah’s and quran recitations so that I can have something to listen to and enjoy.
  • Deactivate Facebook and limit time on other media sites. I spend too much time on these websites when I should/could be doing other things.
  • Read those 2 books I got on the life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). I have always wanted to know more about our Prophet (SAW) and this is the perfect opportunity to read my books.
  • Volunteer. I just got a position as a hospice volunteer at my local hospital. I am going to use it to the fullest advantage.
  • Help my parents out and do my chores. I want to give them a break and do most of the cooking/cleaning around the house.
  • Eat healthy and don’t overeat. This is so easy to fail in but I am going to try my hardest not to eat that full pan of pita and baklava.
  • Save my money. Ramadan is about being humble and appreciating what you have. Not that I am extravagant in any sense but I sure do know how to blow through a paycheck like its nobody’s business.
I pray for Allah’s guidance to all of us through this period of prayer and reflection. Inshaallah, it will be a beautiful Ramadan.
Photo Credit :

tumblr.com

Post a Comment

 
Top